How to Quickly Lock Your Computer
- Lock it up! A lawyer hardly needs reminding that keeping client communications secure is an expectation and duty. For that, it’s still surprising how many attorneys and/or staff do not lock up their computers when going to be away from their desks for more than a few minutes. While it may seem an annoyance to...
2019 ANNUAL FLORIDA BAR CONVENTION
- At this year’s Annual Florida Bar Convention, the FRP Enrichment Committee hosted a two-hour CLE Ethics seminar on Friday, June 28, 2019 entitled Ethical Considerations in the Practice of Law: Alcohol and Substance Abuse. Wendy Toscano, the Vice-Chair for the FRP Enrichment Committee was our emcee for the event and introduced Justice Robert Luck who...
THE FLORIDA BAR FRP ENRICHMENT COMMITTEE IS ON THE MOVE
- By: Shelly Zambo, FRP The future is bright for Florida Registered Paralegals. The inaugural meeting of the Florida Bar’s newly-formed Florida Registered Paralegal Enrichment Committee was held at the Bar’s Winter Meeting on January 8, 2019 in Orlando. The mission of the Paralegal Enrichment Committee is to bring more awareness to the legal community as...
FRP AWARENESS SUBCOMMITTEE – A NEW MARKETING BROCHURE
- By: Patricia DeRamus, ACP, FRP In May 2019, the FRP Awareness Committee has been diligently working on marketing material to educate paralegals about the benefits of becoming a Florida Registered Paralegal. Recently approved by The Florida Bar is a marketing bi-fold which provides the unique benefits for professional paralegals. This bi-fold explains the importance of...
FRP CORNER WANTS TO KEEP THE FRP INFORMED
- By: Margo T. Valenti, FRP Everyone is pressed for time these days and the Communications Sub-Committee believes the FRP Corner can be a quick and valuable tool for the Florida Registered Paralegals to connect and learn what is going on within the paralegal community throughout the State of Florida. While the regulatory aspects of the...
Using Keyboard Shortcuts to Change Case Options
- WHY ARE YOU YELLING? Well, maybe you’re not, but you accidentally left CAPS LOCK on and your computer is raising its voice. Or perhaps you use a time entry program that requires you to YELL AT IT BY SUBMITTING YOUR NARRATIVE IN ALL CAPS but you forgot to toggle CAPS LOCK off? (And, yes, there...
How To Add Encrypted Storage to Your Office365 Subscription
- Another week, another great Tech Tip from our friends at LawTech Partners. And this week, it’s all about a neat Office365 trick. Take it away, LTP … “Between now and the end of the year, Microsoft will be rolling out a new security feature to OneDrive called Personal Vault. It’s a secured / encrypted storage area...
THE JULY BAR NEWS: D’Alemberte remembered, Daubert replaces Frye in evidence rules, and internet advertising tactic regulated
- The July Bar News is now available with stories including: D’ALEMBERTE REMEMBERED Talbot D. “Sandy” D’Alemberte, who helped write and push through Article V of the Florida Constitution that modernized the state’s courts and served as ABA president, Florida State University College of Law dean, and president of FSU, died May 20. SUPREME COURT REPLACES FRYE...
John M. Stewart sworn in as 2019-20 Florida Bar President
- John M. Stewart was sworn as the 71st president of The Florida Bar at the Annual Convention in June. Stewart is a past president of the Bar’s Young Lawyers Division and has served as the 19th Circuit representative on the Bar’s Board of Governors for 11 years. A third-generation Florida lawyer, Stewart is a partner at...
A Tech Tribute to Summer Travel
- It’s that time of the year! So many of us add vacation and leisure travel to our regularly scheduled business travel. Here are a handful of popular and useful apps to help make that planning easier. FlightAware FlightAware lets you track any flight in real-time, receive alerts and see airport delays. It has data for...
Thank you for visiting our website.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. We welcome new clients from the Bradenton and Sarasota, Florida areas.
About Our Firm
Since 1974 the law firm of Schofield and Spencer, P.A. has been providing legal services to
their valued clients. They practice in a broad range of legal areas, such as estate planning and administration,
elder care law, real estate and business law..
If you should care to retain the law firm of Schofield and Spencer, P.A., kindly refer to the link below for further instruction on how to become one of their clients.